Monday, August 4, 2008

1st Day of School!

Today was the first day of school for the boys, Jaden is now in 2ND grade and Ty is in Pre-School. I can't believe that school is already starting, the summer just flew by I don't know if I'm ready to be back on a schedule again.


Jaden woke up before I did, excited to start his first day of school. We had to find ways to waste time till it was time to head out the door. This year his Teacher is Mrs. Scheek she seems really nice and Jaden is excited to have her as a teacher. She actually teaches a class that is half 2nd grade and half 3rd grade. They have taken some the higher performing 2nd graders and put them in this class and they will be learning some the 3rd grade curriculum. Jaden is excited because that means he'll get to dissect animals for Science.



Ty on the other hand was didn't want to get out of bed so early in the morning, but once he remembered that school was starting he hopped right up. Once we got Jaden settled in at school it was time to get Ty to school, we had decided to eat breakfast at his new school so he was very excited. Once done eating we were off to class, his Teachers name is Ms. Shannon and she is very nice. Ty proudly hung up his back pack then gave me a hug good bye and was done with me. It was kinda sad to see him not need me to stick around.

Ty said he couldn't open his eyes because it was to bright out.

I will admit that I shed a few tears that day, I can't believe that both my boys are so big. I don't like how fast they are growing up, but I guess it has to happen. They both ended up having a wonderful 1st day of school.

4 comments:

Tina said...

How exciting! We still have another month before school starts here. I feel like the lady on the Staples commercials that rides down the aisles on her cart to the tune "Its the most wonderful Time of the Year". Hahaha

Lauren The Artist said...

They're already starting school... WOW. I've got 5 days to go. I hope my kids are as excited as Jaden was on that first day. ~jen~

Taylor and Stephanie Haught said...

WOW! I am jealous that both of your kids are in school. At least you have a little while until the baby comes. What in the world are you going to do with your free time?

Taylors said...

hey! just wanted to let you know that we're going to try to make it tomorrow. i have a friend in from out of town for the early part of the day, but we'll try our best :) hope to see you then!