Saturday, March 7, 2009

Gadgets

I'm excited my new gadgets are here, one is a battery operated booger sucker. I know some of you may think it's weird to get excited over this, but ever since Cole has been home from the hospital I have been missing the power of the nose sucker they have there. The bulb syringe just doesn't do the job as well as this thing and Cole tolerates it a lot better than the bulb syringe. It also plays music, which I could really care less about but hey that's what it does.



The other gadget I got is a breathing monitor, I call it his buzzy. You can see Cole wearing it below, I went with this one because it's portable I love the fact that he can wear it anywhere, the car, the swing, the bed any where I choose. All the other monitors I looked at were mats that the baby slept on so they could really only be used in one place. This monitors the movement of his stomach if there is no movement after 15 seconds it vibrates trying to wake the child, if that doesn't get them moving than within 5 seconds an alarm goes off. After seeing Cole stop breathing in the hospital this helps me sleep much better at night. Cole sleeps with us still and I have felt it buzz him once or twice but the only time the alarm has gone off is when it fell off the diaper. Which has only happened once, although it did scare me for a second or two. I am so excited to have these gadgets they help make my life easier!






No comments: