Saturday, March 7, 2009

Their 1ST tournament



So wrestling season has started again, and today was Jaden and Ty's first tournament. They were both excited and nervous each hoping that they would win a medal. I have to say I was a little nervous to, you always want your children to do well. And you never know who they'll be paired with or how many times they'll have to wrestle. I was also nervous to see how Ty would react, last year wasn't so great for him. Every time he would get on the mat he would cry and refuse to wrestle, so I wondered how he would do this year. He did great! He went out there and did his best and had fun, he ended up getting a third place medal and was super excited. Jaden is doing better this season to, he's trying harder and actually catching on to what needs to happen on the mat, he's super proud of his second place medal. Dave and I are excited to watch the boys have fun with this, Dave especially since he's their coach this year. I've told the boys it doesn't matter if you win as long as you have fun and try your best, I hope they can remember that throughout the season.

No comments: