Monday, April 27, 2009

life lessons

I feel horrible when my kids have to learn the hard way. Let me preface this with a story, last month Jaden convinced Dave and I that he wasn't feeling well, so we kept him home from school. All day he acted fine but would insist that his stomach wasn't feeling well. So towards the end of the day as we are getting ready for bed he informs Dave and I that he had been tricking us and that he just didn't want to go to school. So we sat down with him and talked about lying to us and how there were consequences for every action, and we told him that it would be hard for us to trust him now.
Fast forward to yesterday, he woke up saying that his throat was sore. I thought well it could be, Ty does have strep throat and Jaden might be coming down with it to. So I checked to see if he had a temp, he didn't so we said sorry I think it's probably just dry and scratchy, get a drink of water and get ready for school. You just want to stay home because Ty is. We reminded him that he'd tricked us once before and we weren't going to fall for it again. Off to school he goes, around 12:30 I get a call from the school saying that he has thrown up and has a fever. I of course now feel horrible for sending him to school, when I pick him up he doesn't look to good and says that his throat is really hurting. So back to the Doctors office we go, they swab his throat and sure enough he also has strep throat. I felt like a horrible parent for sending him to school, I kept apologizing for not believing him. But he just looked at me and said it's okay mom I shouldn't have lied to you before. He is such a sweet little boy. We both had learn from this experience.
I'm so glad he and Ty are both feeling better now.

No comments: